Mutsuki Hajime is the male representative for the month of January. He is an idol under Tsukino Talent Production, and is the leader of the unit Six Gravity. His producer is Machigerita, and he is voiced by Toriumi Kohsuke.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Plot
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Discography
- 7 Etymology
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Hajime is a tall, fair-skinned, well-built young male, with neck-length black hair and purple eyes. In his initial setting, Hajime had a lock of hair highlighted purple. His theme color is violet.
Hajime has a commanding presence, making him stand out compared to other people. With his naturally high amount of charisma, he often ends up being the center of the group without him realizing it. Many people hail him as if he were a "King" due to his appeal and because he is good at taking care of those around him. While he is a man of very few words, he can be quite blunt, and at times sarcastic and severe, but well-meaning. He also dislikes doing things half-done or half-way.
In addition to his strong aura, he also possesses high intellect, as he was the top student among those that attended a very elite all-boys private school that had been hailed as one of Japan's top schools. He also possesses a high level of English proficiency.
Hajime is also physically strong, which often manifests in his famous "Iron Claw" technique, which makes him strong enough to crush an apple with his bare hands. He has also practiced the art of self-defense, and has the strength of break a certain number of tiles.
Despite his repertoire of skills and intellect, as well as his family background, Hajime keeps himself grounded and does not let himself get carried away with what he has accomplished.
Surprisingly, he also has a childish side, usually manifesting when he and the senior members assemble. He can also sometimes be rather airheaded, making him the target of teasing by others.
He has soft spots for animals and people younger than him. He often helps them study by holding study session which receives the name "Iron Claw Cram School" because he's known to be strict to the ones he taught and punish them with his infamous iron claws.
He and Haru first spoke with each other sometime after they're assigned to the same class in their second year as junior high school students. Haru had been playing with others while Hajime had been taking a nap.
Age: 17 years old
Height: 182 cm
Hajime is in his third year of high school and is, among other things preparing for his university entrance exams. On his way home from school, Hajime finds an unconscious large black rabbit at a park near a train station. Unfamiliar with animals himself, he calls a close friend and classmate Yayoi Haru and asks for his help. In their attempt to find help for Kuroda, they encounter a suspicious man, who turns out to be the rabbit's owner who scouts them as soon as they meet.
He and Haru are the first among the newly scouted idols to move into the TSUKINO Dorms, and one day, encounter Shiwasu Kakeru, Kisaragi Koi, Uduki Arata, and Satsuki Aoi, who are all looking for the TSUKINO Dorms. Haru recognizes the four as the remaining members of the idol unit they will form together and accompanies them to the TSUKINO Dorms.
Sometime within the year, their planned sibling/rival unit Procellarum, is officially announced, although he and Haru had been well aware of TSUKINO TALENT PRODUCTION's plan to line-up a second unit to engage in idol activities with and against their unit even before Procellarum's official announcement.
Age: 18 years old
Height: 182 cm
Hajime graduated from high school in March and started his first year of university studies in April.
More or less a year has passed ever since their debut. Their jobs as both individual idols and as a unit have begun increasing, quite the opposite from their initial year that focused more on practice and training. Hajime particularly has a lot of solo jobs, such as a promoter for a cosmetics brand aimed towards women.
Age: 19 years old
Height: 182 cm
Hajime started his second year of university in Spring 2015.
Six Gravity and Procellarum also hold their first collaboration live, with all their songs featured in their second set of solo CDs, together with their cross talks in-between solo performances during their collaboration live. He and Procellarum's leader Shimotsuki Shun are the last to release their CDs, releasing them in November.
Age: 20 years old
Height: 182 cm
Hajime turned 20 years old in January, making him a legal adult. Starting Spring this year, Hajime will be starting his third year of university studies.
Age: 21 years old
Height: 182 cm
Hajime started his fourth year of university in Spring 2015.
Age: 22 years old
Height: 182 cm
He and the rest of Gravi and Procella were transported to the world of spirits during a trip to Nara to film on location. Shun says that he cannot simply take them back with magic, because powerful alternate versions of Hajime and himself exist in that world, and it would be dangerous to mix their magic. Hajime says that he believes Shun, but that he doesn't know why Shun says that Hajime possesses powerful magic, because he's just a normal human. Shun says that if Hajime were to fully realize his magical abilities, he would be even stronger than Shun. During this adventure, Haru and Kai meet the alternate Hajime and Shun, but Hajime and Shun do not meet themselves, and Hajime does not find out what the alternate version of himself is like.
Age: 23 years old
Height: 182 cm
It has been a while since he'd been referred to as "King" by his surroundings. But they started using that nickname again on him when he makes an appearance in a commercial. Oddly enough, he doesn't feel revolted by the nickname, unlike before.
Shun is a big fan of Hajime. While Shun may be noisy and troublesome compared to Hajime, the two leaders get along quite well.
Although his family lets him do whatever he wishes as long as he will be responsible for his actions, they seem to want him to attend the family's stiff family gatherings. Hajime had been known to escape from those gatherings for many years.
Hajime and Yuki are distant relatives. They shared the same black hair and refined air about them that, when they are together, makes ordinary people find it difficult to talk up to them. They seem to see each other on the same level and have a friendly relationship, engaging in conversations whenever they meet on occasions like family gatherings. Yuki is also on good terms with Hajime's mother. 
- His name reflects many of his traits:
- His surname, Mutsuki (睦月) is the archaic name for the first month of the lunar calendar; poetically, January.
- Hajime may come from the noun hajime (始め), meaning "beginning", "first (in line, etc)"; from verb hajimaru (始まる), meaning "to start", "to begin (anew)" as January (surname) is the start of the year.
- Similarly, his official fanclub also reflects his position as a January representative:
- His (and Yuki's) official fanclub name, "initium", is Latin for "beginning", which reflects his given name.
- A common motif between the fanclub logo and the crest is the butterfly, which symbolizes transformation and metamorphoses in Japanese culture. Noble Japanese families also often choose the butterfly to represent their families, which reflects Hajime's belonging to the noble Mutsuki family.
- He is right-handed.
- His eyesight (both eyes) is 1.2, which Koi happily found "normal".
- He likes his eggs sunny-side-up with soy sauce; the same goes for his ramen preferences.
- He likes both sweet and spicy foods.
- Chisa was the one who gave him the nickname Hajiking.
- He received the nickname 'Heartbreak Purple' because a magazine for 2D idols once held a popularity survey about the songs and three TSUKIUTA. songs took the top ranking for the 'heartbreak song' category. The 1st place is held by Arata's Sakura to Tomo ni Kimi dake wo., the 2nd place goes to Kai's Sayonara Yume Hanabi, and Hajime takes the 3rd place and Haru's KOI WASUREGUSA. It became a popular joke, where they form a fake sentai group called Heartbreak Trio.
- The joke is repeated now and then, like during April Fools in 2015 and 2016, and even during TSUKIUTA STAGE performances.
- He doesn't like heavy make-ups or getting decorated gaudily, but due to his beautiful looks, it seems he's more often get that sort of job.
- Along with Arata, Rui, Kai, Yoru, and Shun, he's classified as the boke type. He seems to be unaware that he's a boke though.
- He likes sleeping and doesn't wake up easily, so he often becomes the target of Haru and Shun's prank if he takes a nap in the common room.
- He stands out even in the crowd, so usually he needs to disguise himself with glasses and hats when going out.
- He was questioned by a fan whether he doesn't like older people because said fan mistook the statement about him having soft spots on younger people. Explaining that he likes spoiling the younger ones, he also added that he'd like to get spoiled if he's with someone older than him.
- He looks like his mother.